The Best Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad!
My family loves Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad, but I could never find the perfect recipe. Some were too runny, others didn’t have enough dressing. And the stuff in the store is just too expensive for the little bit you get. I started playing around until I had one that is always a hit! I just made a huge bowl of it for a bunch of our family and it was gone in no time! People go back for seconds and it’s so easy to make!
In a large bowl, combine:
- 1lb cooked and crumbled bacon(you could do less, but let’s face it, did anyone ever complain there was too much bacon? And we all know all that bacon won’t make it into the bowl *wink wink*.)
- 1 small head of cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 or 3 broccoli crowns cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4-1/2 c raisins(these are optional, but totally taste amazing in this salad!)
- 1/2 c chopped onion
Whisk together in a medium bowl:
- 1 c mayo
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 Tbs white vinegar
Pour dressing over the cauliflower, broccoli, cheese, raisins, onion and bacon(you did save some bacon right?). Toss to coat and enjoy! I find it tastes even better after the raisins have had some time to soak in the dressing. Trust me on those, they are so good!
If you have more broccoli or cauliflower than you thought and your salad is a little dry, go ahead and make a half batch of the dressing. I do it all the time just because I like to make a huge batch!