Pepperoni Pasta Salad
In my previous post about Making Mozzarella at Home, I had done just that….made mozzarella at home. Now that I have plenty of mozzarella and the garden is full of fresh tomatoes, I decided it was time to make a pasta salad for supper.
I looked in the fridge to see what else I had waiting there. I saw the bag of pepperoni chunks from the local outlet store. Yes, you heard that right! Most areas have outlet stores for Nike, Eddie Bauer, Coach…not my area! We have sausage outlet stores and trust me, you can score some AMAZING deals!
I went down to the basement stockpile and found Italian dressing, black olives and the next in line pasta(we all know we need to keep that stock rotated!). I took all my ingredients up to the kitchen and got to work.
- 1/2 box of your favorite pasta
- 1/2 bottle of you favorite Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 lb of fresh made mozzarella cut up into cubes(or you can cheat and use shredded cheese. Don’t worry, I don’t mind.)
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced pepperoni(you can also substitute a smaller package of sliced pepperoni if you aren’t as lucky as me to have a sausage outlet store within minutes of your home)
- 1/2 can of olives-sliced(my kids ate the other half)
- 1 medium cucumber-diced(optional, but I totally recommend it!)
Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking. Mix everything together and enjoy immediately! This recipe is such a great one to double and take as a dish to pass. We just packed this salad up for our picnic at the park and my kids loved it!